If sweating in public doesn’t appeal to you and you don’t want to rely on the weather for your workout, consider these benefits of a home gym:
- Your home gym is always open. You can exercise at any time of day or night that fits into your schedule.
- Your home gym won’t close permanently on you without warning resulting in a loss of membership fees. (Really! This has happened to me!)
- You can exercise even if it is raining, snowing or too icy outside.
- You won’t have to waste time driving back and forth to the gym.
- In your own home gym, there is no waiting for your favorite piece of equipment.
- You don’t have to spend time politely listening to Sally who is really only there for social activity.
- In your own home gym, there are no men to ogle at you. (If there are, you have the right to throw them out.)
- There is no one to compare yourself to. You don’t have to feel bad that you don’t already look like the aerobics instructor.
- You can sweat, grunt and groan all you want to and nobody will care.
- You won’t have to clean up somebody else’s sweat or worry about picking up someone else’s germs.
- You can listen to whatever music motivates you, watch the TV show that keeps you from focusing on that last mile, or just enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Compare the cost of a gym membership over the next five years to the cost of purchasing quality home fitness equipment. A home gym will generally save you money over the long term.
- You won’t have to pay for a babysitter.
- You don’t have to pay more for extra classes.
- You will be saving money in gas because you aren’t driving to a gym.